Just Juniors Disability
BAFFIN Automatic RS
The Baffin Automatic RS is a multifunctional standing frame designed to set the patient in multiple sitting positions or the standing position. It is available in 3 sizes: S, M, L for children and adolescents between 85cm and 130cm (2’8” - 4’3”) tall.
The push handle with brakes, and the large wheels ensure the device is easy to move around, and even outside.
Baffin Automatic RS, thanks to its increased MOBILITY is perfect for use at both - school and home. The child, while sitting in the device can participate in educational activities, occupational therapy eating, and fun. Baffin encourages the child to actively participate in activities designed to increase cognitive functions and fine motor skills. The device is controlled by means of electric actuators. The remote control makes changing position between sitting, lying and standing quick and easy.
The Second Spine® Technology is designed to allow the anatomical mapping of the patient's spinal curvatures.
This unique and patented technology allows passive correction of the spine in a seated position.
It allows you to consolidate the correct pattern sitting position and supports the entire length of the back to reduce the pressure on the individual vertebrae.
The Second Spine® Technology enables progress in the rehabilitation process.
- Frame with large wheels equipped with brakes
- Electric Actuators with remote control
- Depth and width adjustable seat
- Fully adjustable lateral supports with upper arm supports
- Knee support
- Reclining backrest with patented Second Spine
- Pelvic belt
- Chest support harness
- Independently adjustable footrest
Adjustable Hip Support
Large Activity Tray
Dynamic Head Pod
Baffin Automatic RS is usually used by people with the following conditions:
cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophies, paralyses of various etiology, spina bifida, myelomeningocele,, condition after a spinal injury, condition after a craniocerebral trauma, condition after strokes, faulty postures, particularly scoliosis, when different treatment cannot be used.
- Improving cardiovascular system efficiency
- Preventing and treating venous insufficiency
- Improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia
- Preventing pulmonary embolism
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis
- Preventing and treating urinary stasis
- Helping in neurogenic bladder re-education
- Improving mental state
- Preventing muscular atrophies
- Preventing and treating contractures, improving the mobility of joints
- Treating and slowing down the progress of scoliosis in case of children and young people who lost a walking function
- Creating a correct sitting pattern
- Contraindications for using Baffin Automatic are the same as those against staying in upright position, including:
- Atypical undesired reaction to upright position
- Joint inflammation of different origins
- Condition after long bone fractures with incomplete healing process
- Conditions after dislocations and other joint injuries
- Increased body temperature
Thanks to its structure, Baffin Automatic RS device makes it possible to put upright patients with fixed contractures of a hip and a knee joint, however, such cases must be analysed individually.
Recommended User Height
Size Small 85-105cm
Size Medium 100-120cm
Size Large 115-135cm